Blog Swap Bliss!!!

Recently I participated in my very first Shop Swap and Blog!!! The premise is simple, you are paired with another online shop, you swap goodies, then you blog about it! How fun is that?!!
I decided to double my fun and chose to have two swap buddies.
Audrey's Country Crafts is my first swapping buddy! Audrey is wonderful and we had a lot of fun going back and forth through emails during the process!! Here's a bit about Audrey, let's get to know her a bit better!!
Just waiting to be opened!

**********
Online Shop Address
http://audreyscountrycrafts.etsy.com



Blog Address


A bit about yourself
I am a wife, mother, school bus driver and avid crafter. We live outside a small town in southern Manitoba, and have been crafting/painting for about 14 years now. My husband, Brad, and I have been married for almost 21 years and have two sons - Luke (19) and Logan (17). We love to go quadding (riding ATV's) as a family, hiking, trying new foods, meeting new people etc.
I started crafting about 15 years ago. At the time I was a stay-at-home mom with 2 small children. One day I saw an ad in the local paper for a beginner folkart painting class. My husband suggested that I go, as a way to get out of the house one evening a week and talk to other adults. So I joined. I think he's sorry now. LOL After attending the class I was hooked and haven't stopped painting since. Did many small craft shows at the beginning, and have done a few larger ones lately. It's a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. I just keep telling my husband that crafting is my therapy and it's cheaper than a psychiatrist.
Some of my inspiration for my crafts comes from other crafters. But my grandma inspires me the most. She lost her eyesight slowly about 35 years ago, but it didn't slow her down. Grandma tried to teach me to knit when I was younger, it's just not my thing. Couldn't manage to even knit a scarf straight. She is now 93.5 years old (1/2 years count at that age), and still knits everyday, making scarves, mittens and slippers for the great-grandchildren. I hope I can still craft when I'm 93!

What made you start your business
My craft room was getting to full of things I was making, so decided to try selling them. Now I'm hooked! LOL.

What you plan to accomplish with your business

My business is not supposed to ever be full time. For me it's more about the fun I have making the items, looking through new craft books/magazines, and trying new and fun crafts.

What you get most out of having your own business
Sanity! I need to create to keep sane!!

Adorable Wall Plaque, snowmen melt my heart!

Your favorite independently owned online shop
Oh my - that is a really tough question! About a year ago I had Bovine Bubbles and Hogwash contact me about swapping a couple of my items for some of her B&B products. We have since become friends and chat online quite a few times a week. I have ordered many many of her soaps, lotions, sugar scrubs and body butters to use for myself and to give as gifts. I love them all!! Cara is a sweetie, so easy to deal with and ships really quickly. Her shop is http://bovinebubbles.etsy.com.

Any upcoming shop promotions
From November 15-30 I will be having a Christmas Promotion in my shop. As well as a "Christmas Open House" featuring 10 other shops on my blog. Check it out for great promo's from each shop and 10 Give Away Prizes!
**********

Now that we know a bit more about Audrey and her shop, I have to show you the package I received from her. Honestly, it was like Christmas! I carefully unwrapped each tissue bound parcel! She also included her business card and a fridge magnet (I call them Fridgies!)
Two absolutely adorable Wooden Christmas Ornaments!

I love bookmarks...this one is beautiful. "grow"

Sunflower and Bumblebee Windchime ~ perfect!

I have a soft spot for grapevine Wreaths - LOVE this one!

My treasures "unwrapped" ~ I'm so lucky!

I had so much fun participating in this swap. It was fun to put together a package for someone else and also fun to receive. Audrey blogged about the package I sent her, stop by and see what she said! Please stop by Audrey's shop, Audrey's Country Crafts and pick up some wonderful handmade items just in time for Christmas!
I also want to say a HUGE, extra special thank you to Pattie from Structured Chaos for organizing, running, promoting and devoting so much of her time to this swap. Please see her blog, fan her on Facebook and see her shop!


1 comment:

audreyscountrycrafts said...

Thanks so much Dawn! The swap was a lot of fun! Now if only we would get some cold weather so I could wear my scarf :)
I'm sure the snow will come eventually - this is Manitoba Canada after all.